ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON MEDIUM
1. Drinking Coffee
2. Too much reality television
4. Obsessively checking e-harmony
5. Cracking Your Knuckles
7. Biting Your Pen (guilty 😞)
9. Overmedicating (call your doctor)
10. Skipping Breakfast
11. Not Protecting Yourself From The Sun. (If sunscreen was a religion, I would be part of it 100%)
12. Negative Self Talk / Self Criticism
14. Forgetting Names Of People You Meet
15. Eating Past 8 P.M
16. Eating Cookies Every Damn Day
17. Licking Your Lips (I bet you licked your lips)
18. Eating when you’re bored
The list becomes very long. I am definitely guilty of a few of these, but just because I do shitty things doesn’t make me a shitty person.
So I took control.
I wrote down all of my bad bad bad bad bad habits. Habits like comparison, constant negativity, jealousy, and found a way to get rid of them.
After reading this I changed a few things. First, I changed the people I surrounded myself with to ensure they’re supporting my growth and they’re optimistic. Maybe not change, but revise. I made sure the people I had were either adding value or just made my life better. I only spend time developing long term relationships (inspired by Naval).
You should be too busy to “do coffee," while still keeping an uncluttered calendar.
Don’t spend your time doing stuff that doesn’t matter.
Changing habits = take control of my life.